EGGA 2023 Masterclass
This is a free to attend, three-day masterclass, funded and hosted by NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) South Central.
The Essential Guide to Grant Applications (EGGA) masterclass is for anyone thinking of applying for a research grant – either from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) or from other open, competitive, peer-reviewed sources of funding.
If you have an idea for a health or social care research proposal but require help with writing a grant application, EGGA is for you!
The masterclass will focus on how to sell your research idea by:
- writing a convincing application with a good structure, flow and argument;
- presenting a strong methods section, including statistical, qualitative, health economics and patient and public involvement (PPI) elements;
- having a good project plan;
- engaging with sources of external support for your research;
- making your research idea clear and compelling to reviewers
- offering important tips on writing, along with guidance on what reviewers will be looking for in an application.
The event is held from Wednesday 8th to Friday to 10th March 2023, 09:10-15:00 each day
There are optional one-to-one sessions with RDS advisers also. Please see the Eventbrite link for more information.