The Department of Health and Social Care is committed to improving clinical trial performance and reducing site set up and participant recruitment time, allowing more people to have the opportunity to participate in research.
All NHS Trusts participating in clinical trials are therefore required to report their performance and explain any delays to recruitment or other difficulties in meeting study targets this will also be reported.
Performance reports for Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust can be found here
The reports summarises:
Performance in initiating clinical research
For each clinical trial which opened at BCHC during the reporting period the report demonstrates:
• The number of days between being selected as a research site and being confirmed as a site.
• The number of days between being confirmed as a site and recruiting the first participant.
• The cause of any set up or recruitment delays
Performance in delivering clinical research
For each commercial clinical trial which closed at BCHC during the reporting period the report demonstrates:
• The agreed number of participants to be recruited and the agreed recruitment period.
• BCHC performance against these targets.